Welcome


Welcome to Simply Sweet Scrapping! This blog was created to share a variety of craft ideas focusing mainly on paper crafts. I have been interested in crafts and art since I was a young girl and have tried everything from crochet to rock carving. With the new explosion of interest in scrapbooking and card making, I have happily jumped on that bandwagon. I like to use a variety of mediums and tools when crafting. I bought a Cricut a few years ago and fell in love with it! After a small learning curve it has become an essential tool in my arsenal. My husband is handy in woodworking and can build almost anything. I love to have him help me with my creations.

I do not claim to be the originator of any of these projects. I find ideas from a variety of sources, sometimes making changes, combining them with other ideas, or coming up with something unique. I hope that these projects inspire you.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Luau Party

For my Daughter's first birthday we had a luau beach party. I had a lot of fun making up the invitations and decorations. When I was taking pictures, I accidently hit the landscape button on my camera so none of my pictures came out great - Wahhhh!

I made these large wooden surfboard using the Cricut and an art projector. I used the Cricut pens and drew out the images of the surfboards. I used the projector to enlarge them and trace them on a piece of plywood. My Husband cut them out with a jigsaw. I painted the surboard area with cheap acrylic paint. I used cheap paer and cut out the turtle, letters, number, and flower layers. I used them like a stencil and painted them on the surfboard.

I love making banners, they are easy an add a lot of fun to a party.

I found some really cute fabric with turtles and ocean life in the party colors. I stiched up the sides and used it as a tablecloth. I bought flower garlands and hung them all around.


These bags are the party favors. I made pink for girls and blue for boys. I made these little Honus for each kid. I am only medicocre at sewing but these were pretty easy. I filled them with dolly pellets and a little stuffing.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on all the decorations for your daughters birthday!! Thank you for all the ideas. My daughter will be having a Hello Kitty Tropical party in 3 weeks and I needed some motivation to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. I don't have that much creativity. LOL Great job.

    ReplyDelete